Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Daniel Fast Begins

Yesterday my family and I began our yearly Daniel Fast.  We've done this for the past couple of years and have seen God move in so many amazing ways; we look forward to it every year.  The Daniel Fast is a 21 day fast, eating fruits, veggies, and whole grain.  I have run into a few people who have snickered and said, "a fast is eating nothing at all", or "a 21 day fast is for baby Christians".  I say, "Oh yea, tell that to Daniel and his friends!"  Granted a full fast would be difficult for me but this one has its difficulties as well. 

Yesterday I passed by a Little Caesar's pizza place... twice.  No big deal, I pass it all the time. But the third time  passing this little enticing restaurant got me thinking about the melted cheese oozing off the crust as it is lifted away from its steamy companions.  I had to shake it off and think on "Holy" things.  I'm guessing that's what the tree in the Garden of Eden was like for Adam and Eve...  bless their little hearts.

If the Lord is prompting you to fast then I invite you to join me.  I HIGHLY recommend reading the book, Fasting by Jentezen Franklin; it will definitely give you an insight to fasting that every person should have!! 

Have a blessed and prosperous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment