Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, January 14, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 12

Self-worth... funny how these words control my life.  It has such a simple definition:  respect for or a favorable opinion of oneself.  If my self-worth is good then I can conquer the world and do all things through Christ who strengthens me; my relationships with those around me are wonderful.  But if my self -worth stinks the opposite happens, nothing seems to be possible and I go into a sort of reclusive state.

Why is my self-worth attacked?  Satan knows that if he can keep me tucked away in the "safety" of my home then I will not do what the Lord has asked.  Moses' self-worth was attacked when he was asked by the Lord to go up against Pharaoh.  He was so concerned about the way he spoke that he ended up using Aaron to do the talking for him.  Even though (according to Acts 7:22) he was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech,  he was still paralyzed by his self-worth.  He tells the Lord that he is slow of speech and tongue (Exodus 4:10).  But I love how the Lord replies in the next verse; Exodus 4:11  The LORD said to him, "Who gave human beings their mouths?  Who makes them deaf or mute?  Who gives them sight or makes them blind?  Is it not I, the LORD?

For me, having anything worth saying or worth contributing to the kingdom of God is usually what gets attacked... thus I tend to fall into my comfortable reclusive state.  Satan didn't pick something uncomfortable for me to fall into... reclusive-ness is very familiar to me and somewhat comforting; a safety net that has been built by me.  But I know this safety net is false and I find myself, once again, giving this "self-worth" issue over to the Lord.

This is what I lean on and this is what I believe:  Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;..."

May you have a wonderful self-worth! Remember Who's you are and Who created you... you are a child of the King! The Lord bless you and if you are fasting continue to stay strong... I'm still praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment