Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 6

The weather today has been beautiful; the sun is shining and a cool breeze is blowing throughout the house.  This is the kind of day that make me breathe in deep and enjoy whatever is planned, even if it's nothing.  But today, as beautiful as it has been, I found myself struggling to be happy.  I read my Bible and prayed (by the way... yes I have been praying for you too) but still sadness wanted to come over me. 

My phone rang and I saw it was one of my family members who is also fasting at this time.  As we began to speak she told me of the beautiful morning she spent with the Lord.  She read some words that the Lord put in her heart and spoke with such a joy in her voice.  Her excitement spread over me and I too began sharing the things that the Lord has done.  Before I knew it all sadness was gone.  She had no idea that I was struggling, nor did I tell her, but the Lord sent to me an angel with manna. 

After that phone call I hopped in the kitchen to fix up some fresh broccoli, straight out of my garden; I took it outside and enjoyed every little tender broccoli bud with my husband.  Today is a beautiful day and I will rejoice and be glad in it!! Praise You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment