Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 4

After starting my day off with prayer and reading my Bible I looked over my list of many errands.  One of those errands consisted of taking our 'beater' car to get a tire check.  Let me mention at this time that I do not like driving this vehicle.  The car rattles so bad that even after I've gotten out of the car my insides are still shaking plus the thingy that makes the seat slide back-and-forth broke and stuck on the furthest setting; I'm only 4'11 1/2 (that 1/2 inch is very important to me).  So needless to say I have to drive with my tippy-toes. 

I arrived at the tire shop and was informed that it would be a 45 minute wait.  Making the best of it I decided to walk to a near by store to knock-out another errand on my 'to do' list.  While walking, I began going down 'memory lane' and remembered when my husband and I were first married.  We didn't have a whole lot of money and could only afford one car.  So when it broke we were stuck and it liked to brake a lot.  We would either have to take public transportation (not that there's anything wrong with that) or walk.  We usually chose to walk if our destination was within a few miles.  During these walks we had plenty of time to talk and enjoy each others company.  Sometimes, because my husband is adventurous, we would walk through wooded areas or down a train track or two looking for treasure of any sort... an Indian arrowhead, oddly shaped rocks, a wild animal skeleton (gross), or a campsite belonging to a few hobo's (scary).

By the time I knew it my walk to-and-from the store was finished in less that 30 minutes and I was back at the tire shop.  As I walk up to the shop my car rolled out of one of the bays.  The gentleman driving the car asked , "Is this your car?"  I happily nodded my head yes since it was such perfect timing.  As I drove away the Lord reminded me of one of my prayers during this fast and this scripture:  
1 Peter 1:6-7  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.  I admit we were not rejoicing while going through those financial trials but we definitely grew closer and stronger. 

One of my prayers during this fast...?  It's for my marriage; that we would be strong through all our trials.  Today I find myself praising the Lord for those days; it was those times that have made my marriage what it is today.   Thank You God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment