Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 11

It is officially past the half-way mark of this 21 day fast.  Although cravings may still pop up now and again, it is going well.  The feeling that seems to want to take over is the feeling of "boredom" or "I don't wanna".  As I stated in a previous blog, I started out excited and full of expectation; but as the days go by I find myself fighting off the "boredom-ness".

Aside from praying for you, my family, and our country I have also been praying for myself... that I would be who He wants and to do as He says.  He has given me a glimpse of what I am... I don't think I could handle more than a glimpse... scary!  This boredom problem is something that I deal with in my life.  I start something with excitement then get bored and sometimes leave it undone.

I know I will finish this fast... that's not even an issue.  But I wonder, what is the Lord preparing me for and what will He ask me to do that might take time and effort?  It's in those things that I know I must press on, not get bored, or give up.  Because when it is all said and done, I want to proclaim:  2 Timothy 4:7-8  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Stay strong my friends... the end is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment