Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 19

Matthew 4:2-4  After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.  The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."  Jesus answered, "It is written:  'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

I LOVE coffee... I love it in the morning, in the noontime and before bed.  I especially LOVE having a little "coffe-sito" from Starbucks... it's very heart warming.  So coffee is one of the items on my list of things to fast.  I pass Starbucks several times a day taking my kids to and from school and it is usually no big deal.  But today I was tested... the tempter came and said to me, "It's so close to the end of the fast; you could say you're just about done.  Why don't you go ahead and get a little coffee from Starbucks.  No one would know and as long as you don't tell them it won't mess up their fast."  I sorta freaked and the thought screamed out in my head, "Get behind me satan!"  The "coffee thought" fled from my head and all was back to normal.  Thank you God for Your Word and Your faithfulness and thank you Jesus, because You were tempted You are able to help me when I am tempted. (according to Hebrews 2:18)

I pray that you stay strong, even in your trials.  May the Lord bless you and help you through to the end of this fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment