Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, January 7, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 5

This is the 5th day of my fast and the Lord has been hard at work within my heart.  This morning I knew that I had a lot of work to do and so my mind was upon those things.  During my prayer and Bible reading time I found my mind was on my day and not on the Lord.  I asked the Lord to forgive me and turned to the place in the Bible from where I have been reading.  And guess what tasty little morsel He had in store for me today... well I'll tell you.  1 Peter 4:7  The end of all things is near.  Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.  Well, that's pretty clear of what I needed to do. Thank you Father in heaven for allowing me to be in Your presence! 

Later on in the day I read some more and wouldn't you just know it... another tasty treat!  This time it was:
1 Peter 5:8-9  Be self-controlled and alert.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.  These verses caused me to think about all the people around the world who are fasting at this time.  I was having a struggle this morning with staying focused upon the Lord but I wonder what other people might be struggling with.  Maybe their strength to continue on with this fast is wavering or possibly sin is knocking at their door.  So throughout today and the rest of this fast I shall pray for you my brothers and sisters... that you may stay strong; resisting the devil and that you may stand firm in your faith!  Remember... the end is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment