Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Testimony (part 2 of 4)

While attending a Bible study I learned about the Shin.  This prompted within my spirit a curiosity that caused me to do some deeper investigation.  The shin ש is an amazing little mark that represents a letter in the Hebrew alphabet.  God chose this little mark, out of all the letters in the Hebrew alphabet, to be used in a mighty way.  It represents one of the names of God; El-Shaddai meaning God Almighty.  Where ever it is written in our Bibles 'God Almighty', it is referring to El-Shaddai.

God also decided to use the Shin ש, this small humble marking, to carve His name into His chosen city, Jerusalem.  1 Kings 11:36 (NIV) I will give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name.  This scripture is not figuratively speaking but literal.  On the map below, follow the valleys, shaded in gray, to see God's signature upon Jerusalem:

 The Shin:  ש




Although I found this to be a huge revelation, it is a known fact though out all Israel.  The Shin ש over Jerusalem is formed by the three valleys that run through it, the Hinnom (on the left), the Tyropoeon (down the middle), and the Kidron (on the right).  Amos 4:12-13 (NIV) He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth -  the LORD God Almighty is his name.  It is only El-Shaddai, God Almighty, who can do such amazing wonders.  He is an almighty, all powerful, unlimited-authority, omnipotent God.  No words come close to describing His infinite wonder.  

Curiosity still lingered within my spirit:  God Chose the Shin to represent His name, El-Shaddai, and He chose Jerusalem to write this name upon.  So if we are called by His name and He has formed us, would He sign His name upon us?   Isaiah 43:7 (KJV) Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.  

Next Week I'll share what He revealed to me.  


Please feel free to e-mail if you are having difficulty seeing the Shin on the map.  I would be more than happy to help you!  fwmade.blog@gmail.com


Throughout Psalm 119 the letters of the Hebrew alphabet are listed.  the Shin is posted at 119:161.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment