Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, October 1, 2010

My Testimony (part 1 of 4)

During a worship service at a Bible study, I was praying, "Lord, I want to feel your presence, let me breathe in Your breath". As I was praying this prayer with every fiber of my being, a lady standing close behind me began to speak very loudly in her prayer language. We were all crowded around the altar but this lady was standing exceptionally close; so close that I could feel the words she was praying on the back of my neck. My first thought, fleshy - I must admit, was 'lady... back it up a step or two'. Immediately I felt convicted; If I was deep in worship then this lady was REALLY in deep. It was very difficult to ignore her loud prayer which lasted at least 45 seconds. When she was done she was out of breath, as if she had just run 10 miles. I didn't turn around but I could hear her reaching for a pew, trying to sit down from this experience that had just stolen every ounce of her energy. Just then, the Bible study leader went up to the front to translate what the lady behind me had just prayed. She said, "This is what the Lord says, 'I am in your presence and you are breathing in My breath.'"

I almost fell to my knees as the tears streamed down my face. I knew He was speaking directly to me because those were the very words that I was praying and no one but the Lord God Almighty could hear me. The Lord had used the lady behind me to get my attention and then spoke to me. Me? I, many times, feel so little. Like a speck in the sand, not a grain of sand but a speck among the grains. That day - He spoke to me! At that moment I began to breathe in deeply as I wrapped myself in His presence. I spent the rest of the day in awe, thanking the Lord for His tender mercy and love. Whenever I think back on that day I'm still brought to tears because He took the time to personally show me His love.

This was just one of many moments that the Lord Almighty revealed his awesome, never ending, all consuming greatness, mercy, and love to me. If you're feeling small and insignificant in this huge world remember: He IS in your presence and you ARE breathing in His breath. Breathe in deep and feel the warmth of His breath upon you, He wants to reveal Himself to you. The God who created the heavens and the earth also created you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Genesis 1:27 (NIV) So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

No comments:

Post a Comment