Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

He who has ears, let him hear.
Matthew 11:15 (NIV)

Friday, August 16, 2013

Update #2 - My Friend Has Cancer


Since my first post the outpouring of support for my DIL has been beyond my wildest dreams.  Everyone's kind and loving words brought such joy and encouragement to her heart. I thank you so much for sharing your love & concerns to lift my friend's countenance because  it was these very words The Lord used to cradle Tasha's heart and helped her come out of hiding.  

Only a handful of people knew about her diagnosis and most of these were family.  From my view point, and from her later admitting, she was concerned with how everyone would  react. Not a fear of pity (although she does not like to be pitied), nor a fear of overly concerned people, not even a fear of too many people knowing her business. It, in fact, was the opposite of those things, the Fear of Rejection.  Her fear was that no one would even care that she was embarking upon one of the most difficult journeys of her life.  

Each one of you, that reached out to my precious friend, played an important roll in The Lord's plan for Tasha.  With each prayer, post, text,  phone call, & FB "like" she  was able to see how loved and important she is to each of you.  This bombardment of love went on the entire day and still continues to this day.  By the end of the night she was thanking and praising The Lord for each of your prayers and holding tightly to  Matthew 18:19-20 (“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” NIV).  She was glad and relieved to know that so many people were praying, but what she was not aware of was that this was only the beginning.  The Lord had  great plans and the Holy Spirit was on the move. 

That night, a missionary from Africa decided to visit my parents Bible study. He was unaware of the things our family was going through and clueless of Tasha's existence.  He was speaking a powerful message that left no doubt in my mother's mind that the message was for Tasha.  Grandma Gloria (my mom) shared Tasha's story and the missionary began to pray one of the most beautiful and powerful prayers that my mom had ever heard. I'm sure, in the spiritual realm, there were "tongues of fire" over every praying person in that room.  With the power of The Holy Spirit still flowing through Grandma Gloria, she immediately called and prayed the most powerful prayer that Tasha has ever had prayed over her life.  My mother prayed to The Lord, rebuked the evil one, and anointed her.  She said Grandma prayed things that she had only confessed to The Lord and no one else.  Amazed by the power of that prayer, Tasha tearfully thanked Grandma and continued on to say the only words she could speak, "Wow... wow-wow-wow... WOW!" (I call it speechless) Thank You Lord For Praying Grandmas! 

These things happened in one day... The day that each of you reached out to my friend to show your love.  It was a great day... A victorious day in The Lord! 

Since then The Lord has shown himself to my DIL repeatedly.  Sometimes it's a  "straight-up-in-your-face" message and other times it's a small gentle reminder that He holds my friend in His hand. 

I thank The Lord for each of you and ask that you continue praying for Tasha. Her doctors appointment is around the corner so hopefully we'll have more info and a better understanding of what's to come.  

I'll keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment